Peranbin Primary College is a multi-campus primary school with current campuses in Strathbogie, Violet Town, Swanpool and Baddaginnie.
ANZAC DAY IN STRATHBOGIE
Strathbogie Campus, Peranbin Primary College were proud to hold a commemorative event at the Strathbogie Hall for ANZAC day.
Local RSL members were in attendance and provided a guest speaker.
The children will be sharing their insights and responses to learning about ANZAC day.
A number of community members attended for the ceremony and morning tea afterwards. The children in laying a floral tribute at the feet of the memorial statue in Main Street, Strathbogie.
Strathbogie campus currently has 23 students and two teachers, Amy Foy and Monique Ringan. There is a shared Principal, a Music, Art and PE teacher and fortnightly visits from the mobile library.
- literacy is the key to all learning and is a major focus in every classroom
- our hands-on numeracy activities are an integral part of our daily program
- our students are explicitly taught the social and emotional foundations and core values which lead to success in life through the Bounceback! program
- a love of reading and the enjoyment of books is an important part of our teaching at Strathbogie
- the children access a MARC van fortnightly and the children borrow books and have lessons related to literature
- our school has a strong focus on the importance of physical health and well being
- our music and art program allows students to become creative and expressive individuals
- we believe that a love of the environment is important. Students learn a responsibility for the environment through caring for animals and we have some beautiful chooks which we hatched in an incubator
- classrooms are well equipped with laptops and ipads
- we have a a comprehension Physical Education Program with students exercising daily. Our students participate annually in swimming, cross-country and athletics.
- junior students have senior room buddies to ensure a smooth and happy transition into school
- students are involved in programs such as recycling, composting and Landcare
- our school initiates and is involved in many community activities such as Anzac Day and ‘Clean Up Australia’ Day
- we have a resident koala in our “koala tree” and if the season is suitable she has a baby.