The Strathbogie Garden Group is an informal group of people who get together socially, mainly to enjoy a few hours in each others’ company.
While a few have gardened for many years, others just prefer the experience of visiting someone else’s creation, so anyone from any level of interest is welcome. You don’t have to be a horticultural expert – we simply share around ideas, knowledge and plant material.
So there is no limit on the range of interests within the group; it encompasses whatever garden styles, plant preferences and related subjects that individuals care about. Afternoon (or morning) tea is a feature of our get-togethers but as there is usually too much, it’s not compulsory to bring anything! This is also a time for “show
and tell” when anyone can bring along something of interest from their garden to share with the group.
Normally, we meet on the first Wednesday of every month from February to December, but this is flexible and the day and venue are determined a month or two in advance to cater for the majority of those wishing to participate. Every so often we organise a visit to a special garden, nursery or other venue of interest, usually car-pooling on these occasions.
We choose to remain an informal friendly group, keeping organisational tasks to a minimum and sharing them as much as possible. Our current activities and meetings are published each month in Tableland Talk and in the Strathbogie news column of most issues of the Euroa Gazette.
For further information contact Wendy: 5790 8523
We have had some wonderful trips in the past including:
- Olwyn’s Garden – Bonnie Doon Rd, Boho South
- Lindy’s Garden – Boundary Rd, Boho South
- Bruno’s Sculpture Garden – Marysville
- Lunch at Marysville Patisserie.
- Helen Holford’s Garden – Bonnie Doon Rd, Boho South
- Mary & Patrick Ward’s Garden – Frost Rd, Peechelba
- Lorraine Pemberton’s Garden & DVD ‘Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe.
- Erin’s Garden – 15 Hurrell Rd, Warrenbayne
- Heide Museum of Modern Australian Art & Garden – Heidelberg.
- Mansfield – a garden, Nursery & Lunch
- Heronswood – Dromana. BYO brunch (to share?) at Marie-Christine’s in Sandringham.